Receive Emergency Alerts
Alberta Emergency Alerts
The Alberta Emergency Alert System warns Albertans over radio, television, websites and social media of an emergency in their area and what actions to take. The system delivers vital information regarding a threat to the safety of Albertans within regions of the province. Learn about the sign up for alerts at www.emergencyalert.alberta.ca.
Information may be provided regarding:
- Severe weather
- Hazardous material release
- Other threats to human life or safety
It is important to have access to a radio (either a crank radio or a radio with battery back-up) to hear critical information in the event of a disaster. Social media updates are also available and can be sent to your cellular phone. Visit www.emergencyalert.alberta.ca for more information.
High River ALERT system
High River residents can now receive critical, time-sensitive emergency alerts directly through phone, email and text messaging with the brand new High River ALERT System. The new system is part of a comprehensive emergency management plan being implemented by the Town of High River. This system will provide High River residents and businesses as much time as possible to prepare for an emergency and will provide an early warning to ensure they are aware of an emergency situation.
High River ALERT can send notifications regarding:
- Critical emergency alerts (immediate threat to safety)
- Severe weather warnings for High River
- Public safety notifications (water, utility, fire, RCMP, and transportation alerts)
Residents can choose multiple ways to be contacted including home, work and mobile phone numbers, text messages, as well as several email addresses. There is also an iPhone and Android app available for mobile phones.
This system is just one way the Town of High River will communicate with residents during an emergency.
Alerts and updates will also be sent through:
- Alberta Emergency Alert
- Town of High River website
- Facebook and Twitter
- Local radio stations (Sun Country 99.7 FM, Eagle 100.9 FM and AM 1140)
- Audible sirens located throughout town
- Town Crier and special email notifications to subscribers